Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Regret...

How many regrets do we have within out lifetime? Uncountable, maybe, but I do have some regrets these days, regarding my life in Jinan U.

I managed, or unbelievably, to be voted as the monitor of my class, Clinical Medicine '08. I never got this title before in my whole life, and the most I got was only Vice Monitor. Surprised, huh? Yeah, I was like a drug addict who finally got his drug. I felt like a new life and beginning for myself. I volunteered myself for the vote and I got most of the votes. A good confirmation for me, till I heard what our adviser told me about my job. Now, I know why most people didn't prefer being a monitor at the first place because a monitor has to be like a one- man-show in most of the tasks delivered by any authorities. Not only so, you must also be a good social-guy because you have to built a good relationship with nearly every important people in school. I volunteered myself not because I want to get more GPAs or reputation. I just want to train my responsibility. I proposed to our adviser that maybe every class committee will get choose someone as their assistant to make things easier, but I was denied. Next, I got to finish a whole contact list of the whole class within a night, but I only got less than 3 hours till 12am. No one was really willing to help, and you can see that clearly in everyone's face. All the complicating and troublesome prosedures of the school administration were piling behind me, but I had no other options to delay the tasks given to me.

I'd finished the contact list at 2am, with Tiffiny helping me most of the time. I hadn't even stepped into my dorm for more than 3 hours during that period as the class monitor because the first few days of school was really hectic. Besides, I promised my family to be their tour guide in Guangzhou at the same time. I'd to arrange my classmates to get their text books and the whole school procedure really made me mad!!! Unlike Malaysia, you have to run to at least 3 different departments in order to accomplish a certain task. Most of all, there was no linkage between every departments, so you have to repeat the same thing again and again at different places. It was a big dilemma for me, but I decided to quit being a class monitor. Maybe after this, I would have sufficient time to deal with my other complications.
Yeah, I quitted. I promised not to be regret for this decision, but the new monitor made me so disappointed that I nearly cried, not literally. She's giving me a feeling that she was born yesterday and the whole world is still a stranger for her. WALAU EH!!! The teacher asked the other committee to organize a BBQ party, but as a monitor, you didn't even care to ask a few things about the situation, but to cross your arms during the whole process. WAKAO EH!!!
Have you ever heard of anyone who called the bus company for a bus at 4pm and you need it at 6pm? You can't book a bus as if you were ordering pizza from Pizza Hut! WALIU EH!!! As a monitor, you have communicate with the classmates, including the foreigners. And the new monitor asked my friend to talk for her because she found it difficult to communicate with the foreigners. You should be there, at least, to show your resposibility and honesty, but this excuse is a B.S. to me. Everything is too fake from her. But this is the reality. Different people, different style. I'm quite numb right now, after all these tragedies. As Shakespeare says, "What is history is a prologue." This is just a beginning of the story, and we still have 6 years waiting ahead.

*Sigh* Look at the bright side, Simon. At least you have more time for yourself after you quit. Ya, that's true. If you want me to study whenever I'm free, or make myself busy for something that is unworthy to me (pissed myself or make my life shorter, illiterally), that would be a hell on earth for me. Life consists of sweat: sweat of struggle and fun. Life will be very miserable if you have been struggling the whole way through, especially in your university life, right? I could do better, but I let my chance slipped. Next time, maybe? I will be fully-armed next time, so be careful!!!

Physically, I'm feeling so much better right now, after the pill given by a friend of mine. Wow, the pill was like an elixir and it didn't only relieved my fever, I could actually stand the freezing wind throughout the whole day, while some of my friends were wrapped like mummies. God really blessed me!!

Tomorrow, we are going to record down the whole dancing process as a reference for every body and I am still a bit unconfident with my dancing skill. But our president told us that during the show, there will be TV workers coming for interviews. Lol, my first live dance on TV, if I managed to survive the qualification!

Good luck to me and you! Bye bye! No regrets!

0 comments: