Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dilemma...

Today, we had a steamboat party in our dorm, though cooking is seriously prohibited in every dormitory. Well, I wasn't expecting much from it because I had my serious lesson after the 1st BBQ party of our class. Things always ended up the opposite way, I mean negatively.

Everyone had to pay RMB20 for the steamboat and personally, that was the maximum amount of money I could afford for such an activity because our dorm financial consumption had already override my personal budget. We had paying too much for our dorm expenses, and some of the stuffs were quite unnecessary.

Back to the steamboat, I was surprised by the variety of food they bought for the steamboat. It was actually not bad because they bought almost every basic stuff, like meatballs, frozen meat, noodles, and many more. Quite a luxury. But the only thing that triggered my anger was that they put nearly everything near my place, unplugged all my electrical plugs (without consulting me), and inserted their own cooking devices' plugs on mine. That was a necessary act, but it is considered rude to intrude my place without my knowledge. I tried to calm myself down, while worrying when my electrical cable would melt. It did.

We were enjoying the food, while watching Prison Break Season 1. Suddenly, I smelt something fishy, like burning plastic. No one suspected it. The first thing that came into my mind was my cables. Damn it!!! SHIT!! My whole cable melted and the heat was increasing. Immediately, I pulled out the main plug, while resisting the minor burn. Everyone wow-ed when they saw the smoke, but some of my roommates really made me very angry. They intruded my stuff and when they "burned" my thing, they assumed that it was no their trouble. Its mine, because I bought a lousy multi-plug adapter. There was another unoccupied socket at the other side, near the other roommate of mine. When we mentioned why they didn't use that socket, his face turned black. Wow! That selfishness, okay!!!

After the incident, everyone moved the table to the other side and continued their "important" business. F**K!! Sorry for using foul words, but that is the best word for me to express my feeling. Those HK people have been exciting my patience for a very long time. Their loud music bass, screaming and money-wasting have been troubling me for months, and to maintain an "okay" relationship with them, I have been tolerating, a great deal. But too much is too much. They always want to buy this and that without thinking those items are really necessary. They always buy stuffs without really getting our permission. They asked if we need a vacuum cleaner and I said that wait till everyone agreed then we'll consider it. I haven't agreed on it yet. Then the next few days, they bought the vacuum cleaner. We had been using the brooms to clean our dorm for almost a month and everything was okay. A vacuum cleaer is more convenient, but not too necessary. In other words, their action was too barbaric to me.

What should I do? My first instinct told me to argue with them, but many advised me that it would be a complete waste. I have to stay with them for the further 6 years, or less, and I'm really confused. Great dilemma.

God, or anyone, please enlighten me the wisest solution. The more I tolerate, the bolder they will get to "bully" me. Forgive me for condeming HK people, but I was just fingering some of the HK people in my dorm. This is not country discrimination, but the fact in my dorm. I never had a word about my situation to them because I thought they would really understand and change. But the steamboat incident really proved me wrong.

If money can solve every trouble, it will never be trouble anymore. But if things are getting more ridiculous, you people have really crossed my barrier.

Dilemma....

0 comments: