Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Screw them!

Hai, is this what we called "the unfortunate event"? My bike was stolen two days ago when I parked it at the parking lot below our classroom building! I'm trying to suppress myself from condemning those bastards, but it's very hard.

Two of my roommates lost their bike, and one of them lost two of his bikes. Unlucky, huh? Since the bicycle theft, students complained to the security department to installed one or two surveillance camera around the parking lot, but all they did was installing a few light bulbs there. Maybe the school is trying to ignore us students from causing more troubles for them and they did something as simple as possible to shut us up.

Ever since that day, when my roommates lost their bikes, some of my friends went to buy better quality locks. Original one, instead of the pirated brand. And for myself, I didn't buy a really good lock because I thought it was too costly and unnecessary as I already got one and that was sufficient for me. The next few weeks were quite safe and nothing bad happened. Compared to others, I am the only one using the chain lock, which they considered the lousiest lock because you just have to keep on stabbing the key hole to unlock the whole thing. I didn't buy that as much as others did, anyway.

Maybe it was my pay back for not being sincere with my bicycle's security. Maybe I was really that unlucky to become those filthy bastards target. We complained the whole matter to the security guards on shift and all they did was giving us a whole bunch of excuses. "Sorry wor, sometimes we just didn't notice anything peculiar when we were changing our shift." "What? Many people lost their bicycle too, so don't think it's the end of the world, okay?" "Stop fingering us security guards without any proves, okay?!" Waliu... My friends told me to complain as if I've lost my head and exaggerate about the situation. But, frankly speaking, I was completely empty and when they gave me all those excuses, nah, what for argueing with them? I've lost my bicycle and talking to them was a waste of time.

Now, all I could do i sto assure myself with a very useful assurance when you lost something or being treated in a very unexpected manner, "This is China mah...what can you do about it?" All I wish is that I could cope myself with the whole culture in China as soon as possible.

Buy a new bicycle or not? Dilemma...

0 comments: